Monday, August 30, 2010

My New Bag?


I'm always on a never ending search for a good purse/bag. I used to pride myself on only carrying a wallet and never needing those huge bags I would see women hauling around. Then, I had kids. Now, I have all sorts of stuff to carry but at least I am organized about it. I actually clean out my purse almost every night. No surprises at the bottom of the bag for me. Somehow, that makes me feel better.

This is what I have been carrying around for a few months and it is just not working. I think I was more attracted to the L.L. Bean discount I got than the actual bag itself. I look like a preschool teacher with this.
To top it off, I'm keeping another old purse inside. The Bean bag has no pockets or anything inside so I added this. It basically turns it into a big black hole. The trouble is, I can't find anything to replace it.
And then I came across this on the Kohls website. This is exactly what I am looking for. It's big enough to hold all my junk plus a book. It's very simple and not fussy. It's fake leather but passable enough.
It has a zippered compartment so nothing important will tumble out. I can use the open side pockets for books and candy-important stuff like that.
There is just a small problem with it-its red and a little too glossy for me. In the listing online, it clearly said red but it photographed very brown. I was hoping the photograph was true but it wasn't. It's not a bright red but it's definitely a very red-brown color. It also came in black but I saw that in the store and it was way too glossy goth black for me. I have been going back and forth about returning it for a few days now and I can't make up my mind. What do you think?

1 comment:

Heather said...

You're probably asking the wrong person, because I love nothing more than a red handbag. I think it is lovely. You have to think of the functionality aspect more, I think, and it sounds like it suits all of your needs. Plus, it is a nice red; not at all a glaring red. I think you should keep it. So there.